Mistrust June 9, 1985

 

I was wrong.

There is no compromise with liberals. They will always protect their person interest first, then cater later to kindness.

I’m too tired to argue the point any more, too many days in a row working, too many times leaping out of bed just ahead of the alarm.

I’m in a spiteful mood, and it started on the highway when I deliberately slowed down when a station Wagen got too close to my rear bumper when I was trying to pass someone in the fast lane. When I pulled over, the clown shot passed me, pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes causing us both to nearly crash.

I had forgotten (or chose to forget) that the Teaneck store opened at nine rather than ten.

So exhausted, I deliberately stayed in bed and extra hour, then had to make up the time racing on the highway.

Teaneck is a mostly wealthy town full of mostly wealthy people. South African gold coins are sold there. People get threatened with fines even jail if they bring their books late at the library. It has police spies in the schools.

Some women late in the day came in and tried to use a credit card and for some reason was reluctant for me to conduct the transaction, as if she thought I would steal the number and use it, and made it perfectly clear, she didn’t trust me for a minute.

I guess I looked a little too working class. It was clear from the way she acted and the way she dressed; she was far superior to me in every way.

Eventually, she let me conduct the transaction, but asked me who my boss was, suggesting with her intense stare that if someone charged something on her card that she didn’t authorize, she would have me fired.

It made me wonder what her credit limit was, and whether I could get my car fixed from it, or maybe even get myself a new car.

 



email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Floundering again April 14, 1985

A head on collision July 17, 1985

Phil freaks out! December 17, 1985