Report to the Southern front July 4, 1985

  

Happy Independence Day.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and came away with prescription for eye glasses. It seems my excessive use of my computer (as a typewriter) has caused me to lose my vision for distance.

Curse progress.

But on the other hand, the computer is a blessing – no more carbon paper, or trips to the library copy machine, I can print out all the copies of stuff I want. And once I put together another hundred and fifty dollars, I’ll be able to design our zine on it.

Some good news on that front, too. A local left wing radio station in New York City spent two hours talking about how good our zine was, bringing even more suckers into our little realm.

I just talked with my uncle Harold. He seems to be doing better in his little man cave in the mountains above Greenwood Lake. He turned out to be something of a hermit. But then all that side of my family have something odd about them.

Meanwhile, I’ve registered for college, bound and determined to get my degree. Although the real reason is to have access to their printing equipment. The zine needs to go out, especially now that we’re making a break through into interesting circles. I figure if we just keep pumping them out, sooner or later people will come to accept us.

Our next issue is due to come out on July 8, a vaguely Alice and Wonderland theme. Two of the stories are as high brow as some of the stories were in the past. When you get it, read “Street Eyes” first. It might shock you.

Enough of me. How are things down there on the Southern plantation? What’s up with you and school, your brothers, life in general?

From what I can gather from your letters, you seem pretty up. If so, stay that way, and write me more. And look out for me, your northern writer cousin. I might pop in on you some day.

 

Stay Sane

Al Sullivan

 

 1985 menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Floundering again April 14, 1985

A head on collision July 17, 1985

Phil freaks out! December 17, 1985